As part of a dynamic team of country and regional area specialists, you will generate public- and client-facing content, as well as interact with journalists and media. This will include opportunities to publish your own investigative pieces and circulate them to journalists, clients, and other government and private stakeholders. You will lead the discovery of new public records resources for Sayari products, working closely with our engineering team to develop cutting-edge data and analytic solutions. We will expect you to maintain a high level of regional and country expertise in order to understand the potential financial and security risks relevant to our clients.
Sayari will consider both junior and mid-career applicants for this position. Salary will be commensurate with experience, and we offer full healthcare coverage, 401k matching, flexible work hours, and a variety of other benefits. The company will consider paid relocation on a case-by-case basis.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree
- Native or professional fluency in Chinese
- 2+ years of experience in journalism, investigations, or other open-source research
- Experience examining illicit networks, particularly related to North Korea
- Exceptional writing skills, with the ability to present complex information in a concise, accessible,
and impartial manner
Helpful Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Chinese and/or other regional public records, including business registries and associated corporate filings
- Additional language proficiencies (particularly Korean, Japanese, or Arabic)
- Study or work abroad experience in China or other relevant countries across the Asia region
- Experience with or interest in marketing
- Experience with or interest in data science or engineering
What We Offer:
- A collaborative and positive culture – your team will be as smart and driven as you
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities
- A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Outstanding competitive compensation and comprehensive family-friendly benefits, including full
healthcare coverage plans, commuter benefits, 401K matching, generous vacation, and parental leave.
About Sayari Labs
Our company culture is defined by a dedication to our mission of using open data to prevent illicit commercial and financial activity, a passion for finding novel approaches to complex problems, and an understanding that diverse perspectives create optimal outcomes. We embrace cross-team collaboration, encourage training and learning opportunities, and reward initiative and innovation. If you like working with supportive, high-performing, and curious teams, Sayari is the place for you.
Sayari is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply. We believe diversity and inclusion mean our team members should reflect the diversity of the United States. No employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, genetics, or political affiliation. We strongly encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
The application package should contain a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 page analytical writing sample. We will only consider complete applications. Please fill out the form below in full to be considered.