Sayari is looking for a mid-level to senior Data Engineer to join our Infrastructure team located in Washington, DC. The Infrastructure team is an integral part of our Engineering division and works closely with our Software Engineering & Data Science teams, as well as other key stakeholders across the business.
What You Will Need:
- Strong experience with any two of: Python, Java, Scala
- 2+ years of experience using Apache Spark
- Solid experience with a NoSQL database like Cassandra or Neo4J
- Experience working on a cloud platform like GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Experience working collaboratively with git
What We Would Like:
- Experience with, or interest in, graph databases
- Experience with entity resolution/record linkage techniques (e.g. similarity joins, blocking schemes, string similarity)
- Experience with data orchestration frameworks like Apache Airflow
Who You Are:
- Strong process-oriented self-starter, with impeccable organizational skills
- Experienced in supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Interested in learning from and mentoring team members
- Passionate about open source development and innovative technology
What We Offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities
- A collaborative and positive culture – your team will be as smart and driven as you
- A strong commitment to diversity, equity & inclusion
- Outstanding competitive compensation & comprehensive benefits package, including full healthcare coverage plans, commuter benefits, 401K matching, generous vacation, and a variety of other benefits.
What You Will Do:
- As a member of Sayari’s engineering team, you will work to build the next generation of our entity resolution engine. This work will involve quickly getting up to speed on the existing production engine (implemented in Apache Spark), and then starting to focus on improvements that will take it to the next level. This is a cutting edge problem where no definitive solution exists, and you’ll have the opportunity to implement schemes described in academia and bring your own insights to the table.
About Sayari Labs
Sayari is a venture-backed and founder-led global corporate data provider and commercial intelligence platform, serving financial institutions, legal and advisory service providers, multinationals, journalists, and governments. Thousands of analysts and investigators in over 30 countries rely on our products to safely conduct cross-border trade, research front-page news stories, confidently enter new markets, and prevent financial crimes such as corruption and money laundering.
Our company culture is defined by a dedication to our mission of using open data to prevent illicit commercial and financial activity, a passion for finding novel approaches to complex problems, and an understanding that diverse perspectives create optimal outcomes. We embrace cross-team collaboration, encourage training and learning opportunities, and reward initiative and innovation. If you like working with supportive, high-performing, and curious teams, Sayari is the place for you.
We will only consider complete applications. Please fill out the form below in full to be considered.
- Resume & any salary requirement
- Optional: Brief note to highlight relevant experience or skills.
- Optional: Share links to any public repos of your previous work.