We need your help to identify, interpret, and exploit hundreds of millions of Russian and other global public records. You will use those records to conduct complex investigations of illicit networks in Russia and around the world, tackling everything from counterproliferation to supply chain integrity to sanctions enforcement.
As part of a dynamic team of country and regional area specialists, you will create public- and client-facing analytic content on these pressing security and risk management issues. This will include opportunities to publish your own investigative pieces and circulate them to clients, journalists, and other government and private stakeholders, as well as speak publicly through webinars, conferences, and analytic exchanges. You will lead the discovery of new public records resources for Sayari products, working closely with our engineering team to develop cutting-edge data and analytic solutions. We will expect you to maintain a high level of country and regional expertise in order to understand the potential financial and security risks relevant to our clients.
Sayari will consider both junior and mid-career applicants for this position. Salary will be commensurate with experience, and we offer full healthcare coverage, 401k matching, flexible work hours, and a variety of other benefits. The company will consider paid relocation on a case-by-case basis.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Native or professional fluency in Russian
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in journalism, investigations, or other open-source research
- Exceptional writing skills, with the ability to present complex information in a concise, accessible, and impartial manner
Helpful Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Russian and/or Eurasian public records, including business registries and associated corporate filings (accessed directly from the native sources)
- Experience with or interest in examining illicit Russian and/or Eurasian networks
- Proficiency in other Eastern European and/or Central Asian languages
- Work or study abroad experience in Russia or other Eurasian countries
- Experience with or interest in data science or engineering
- Detail-oriented with ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
What We Offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities
- A collaborative and positive culture – your team will be as smart and driven as you
- A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Outstanding competitive compensation and comprehensive family-friendly benefits, including full healthcare coverage plans, commuter benefits, 401K matching, generous vacation, and parental leave.
About Sayari Labs
Our company culture is defined by a dedication to our mission of using open data to prevent illicit commercial and financial activity, a passion for finding novel approaches to complex problems, and an understanding that diverse perspectives create optimal outcomes. We embrace cross-team collaboration, encourage training and learning opportunities, and reward initiative and innovation. If you like working with supportive, high-performing, and curious teams, Sayari is the place for you.