Training: Chinese Defense Sector Risk
Chinese Military Companies, and the Chinese defense sector more generally, represent a complex corporate environment in which to assess risk with varying degrees of affiliation between commercial entities and Chinese government actors. In this webinar, Senior Asia Analyst Ann Listerud and Analytical Services Program Director Phil Kittock will share trends and typologies in how some of these complex corporate networks are structured and how to identify key risk indicators through publicly available data.
You will learn about:
- What constitutes a Chinese Military Company and China’s Military Civil Fusion strategy
- The features and structure of the expansive subsidiary networks associated with some of China’s large defense conglomerates
- How to identify MCF Innovation Zones and how they relate to supply chain risks
Reasons to attend:
- China’s defense sector, including Chinese Military Companies named by the U.S. Departments of Defense and Treasury, represents significant regulatory and reputational risk. At times ambiguous relationships between private and state entities and complex corporate structures make context and typological information relating to Chinese Military Companies essential.
- Participants will walk away with a better understanding of how to identify “Military Civil Fusion Innovation Zones” and associated companies that represent increased risk of diverting capital, goods, and/or intellectual property to the Chinese military.
- Participants will learn how to interpret key fields in Chinese corporate records
Date: Thursday, October 14, 2021
Time: 9:00 AM – 9:30 AM ET
Length: 30 Minutes
Please note: This training has a maximum capacity of 20 registrants.
Ann Listerud, Senior Asia Analyst
Phil Kittock, Program Director, Analytical Services
Phil Kittock is the Program Director for Analytical Services and leads Sayari’s direct analytical engagements on a range of illicit finance issues including sanctions evasion and proliferation financing. Prior to his time at Sayari, Phil worked at C4ADS where he led the Organized Crime & Grand Corruption Team and leveraged publicly available information to investigate transnational illicit networks.
Since its founding in 2015, Sayari has earned the trust of top financial institutions, Fortune 100 corporations and government agencies, securing a $40M Series C in 2021. Sayari is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and its solutions are used by more than 3,000 frontline analysts in 35 countries.