SolarWinds and Expanded U.S. Sanctions on the Russian Financial Sector
On April 15, 2021, the US Department of the Treasury imposed sanctions on Russia for its involvement in the SolarWinds breach and for its continued malign activities. In this webinar, a Sayari analyst will examine the expanded restrictions under EO 14024, and outline potential risk exposure that U.S. financial institutions face in light of this directive. They will also demonstrate investigative methodologies to better understand the corporate structures of Russian financial institutions.
You will learn about:
- The implementation of the April 15, 2021 designation in the wake of the SolarWinds data breach.
- New directive under Executive Order 14024 targeting Russian sovereign debt.
- Risk exposure US financial institutions face in dealing in new Russia issued bond investments.
- Leveraging Russian corporate data to identify ultimate beneficial ownership of Russian financial institutions.
This class is ideal for anyone who wants to:
- Learn about the latest US Treasury sanctions on Russian sovereign debt.
- Learn about how US financial institutions can mitigate regulatory risk in light of expanded sanctions.
- Learn how to identify ultimate beneficial ownership of Russian financial institutions.