Tracking Iranian Shipping Networks and Global Sanctions Risk Using Data and Graph Analytics
Join Sayari analyst Wali Miller and VP of Content Jessica Abell to learn how to use data and graph analytics to uncover the covert networks responsible for moving Iranian oil and dual use items critical for its nuclear and ballistic missile programs.
You will learn about:
- Common deceptive shipping practices used to obscure ownership and control
- How company data and ship registry data work together to identify high-risk vessels, companies, and individuals
- Real-world case studies, including illicit Iranian shipping networks that span China, Hong Kong, Turkey, Cyprus, Panama, and more
This class is ideal for anyone who:
- Focuses on KYC, due diligence, and sanctions compliance globally
- Wants to mitigate risk posed by, or disrupt the activities of, illicit Iranian networks
- Wants to learn how to better leverage public data
Date: Wednesday, July 28
Time: 10:00 AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
Length: 60 Minutes
CAMS credential: 1 credit
CFCS credential: 1 credit
CPD: This webinar may be used for CPD credits
Please note, due to the nature of this content, Sayari may revoke registration at any point without prior notification.
About your Sayari Team:
is an Iran Analyst at Sayari, where he specializes in using public records to investigate sanctions evasion, proliferation financing, and money laundering cases. Before joining Sayari, he worked at the Department of Justice and Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction. He holds an MA in Security Policy Studies and a BA in International Relations, both from George Washington University. He has lived in Tajikistan and speaks Persian and Italian.
Our Related Resources:
Now that the Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act (UFLPA) is in full effect, U.S. importers face the daunting task of auditing their supply chains for inputs mined, produced, or manufactured wholly or in part in Xinjiang. While identifying supply chain exposure to...
A Conversation with Juan Zarate, Author of “Treasury’s War: The Unleashing of a New Era of Financial Warfare” As bad actors devise elaborate ways to move and launder illicit assets and authorities around the world demand more, financial crime teams—and the regulatory...
Understanding risk requires nuance, which is why the Sayari Graph Summer 2022 release provides you with deeper context into the risk associated with each entity profile across a number of facets to give you a holistic view of risk. From access to negative news on key...